Effective Date: September 2017
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY. RokketMed reserves the right to revise this Policy from time to time by updating it and posting it at [www.rokketmed.com], with the new Policy taking effect on the date of posting. The new Policy may be retroactive to a past date. You should periodically review this Policy to ensure you are familiar with the most current version. Your use of the RokketMed Service after the Effective Date of the updated version of this Policy will constitute your acceptance of the updated Policy.
- APPLICABILITY OF THIS POLICY. This Policy covers our treatment of information gathered by the RokketMed Service, including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information is information that can identify you. For example, your name and email address are personally identifiable information. This Policy does not apply to information collected by third party websites, services, or applications you may access from time to time via the RokketMed Service, \. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for any third party collection, use, disclosure, or retention of your information and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this Policy. Please review the privacy policies of any Linked Sites you may access.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION. We collect the following types of information:
- Account and Login Information. We collect personal information from you when you create an account to log into the RokketMed Service. If you create an account, you will be asked to provide information about yourself including but not limited to a user name, email address, and password selected by you. In order to access some features of the RokketMed Service, you may also be asked for some additional personally identifiable information, including but not limited to: (a) demographic data such as your gender or date of birth; (c) medical data such as your insurance information, health history, names of previous health care providers, or dates of medical visits; and (d) employer data such as your employer name and health plan identification information.
- User-Generated Content. The RokketMed Service may allow you to voluntarily submit User-Generated Content provided by or created by you, including healthcare provider reviews and comments. We may make this information publicly available in the RokketMed Service and we may save this information indefinitely and in a profile specific to you.
- Protected Health Information. Some of the information collected by RokketMed may be considered protected health information (“PHI”) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). HIPAA sets forth national standards for the protection of health information and applies to certain “Covered entities” or “Business associates” that transmit PHI in electronic form. PHI may include health, demographic, or health-related information that identifies an individual when the information is transmitted electronically, maintained electronically, or transmitted or maintained in any other format. 45 C.F.R. § 160.103. RokketMed is not a Business Associate with you or a Covered Entity. RokketMed \ may release, disclose, or transmit your PHI as part of the RokketMed Services. You acknowledge that access to information submitted to RokketMed is vital to RokketMed’s efforts to develop, operate, promote, and evaluate the RokketMed Services. Therefore, notwithstanding any other provision hereof, you acknowledge that RokketMed will have access to and may use, create and use derivatives of, and disclose any data submitted by you ("Submitted Data"), whether or not it is PHI, for the following purposes: (a) analyzing, identifying, designing, and/or enabling current and future RokketMed Services; (b) administering, implementing, or evaluating RokketMed Services; (c) developing marketing or other promotional documentation for RokketMed Services; and (d) providing de-identified reports and information to RokketMed customers or to the public with respect to the RokketMed Services.
- Aggregate Information. RokketMed may provide to third parties, including to our provider or employer customers, information about you and other users that does not specifically identify you (“Aggregate Information”). For example, we might inform providers about [example: the search criteria used by you when seeking a healthcare provider for a specified medical condition; the distance you are willing to travel to visit a provider]. Depending on the circumstances of each instance, we may or may not charge third parties for this Aggregate Information. We also may not limit the third parties’ use of Aggregate Information, except that we do require third parties to whom we disclose Aggregate Information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable by combining it with other databases.
- Support Requests or other Communications Submitted by You. If you send us any correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may use your contact information to respond to you. Any requests or communications you submit to us may be saved indefinitely and in a profile specific to you.
- Automatically Collected Information. Similar to other websites and applications, we may collect some information from you automatically and store it in log files. This information does not identify you. This collection may include, but is not limited to: [your IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time]. We collect this non-identifying information in order to better understand our customer base, to more efficiently operate our business, to promote our products and services, and to improve the quality of the RokketMed Service. We may automatically collect information using the following mechanisms:
Pixels (aka web beacons/web bugs/java script). Pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive, pixels are small graphics that are about the size of the period at the end of the sentence that are embedded invisibly on web pages or in HTML-based emails. Our third-party analytics providers may place pixels on the RokketMed Service that track what other websites you visit (both before and after visiting the RokketMed Service). Our third-party analytics providers use information obtained from pixels to help us improve our business and the RokketMed Service. We do not control the use of pixels by third parties. See the section on "Third Party Analytics Providers” below.
- Third Party Analytics Providers. We may use third parties to help us operate and improve the RokketMed Service. We may provide these third parties with information we collect and they may collect information from you about your use of the RokketMed Service. If we provide information to third parties, it will, unless specifically noted otherwise in this Policy, be governed by this Policy and may only be used by those third parties to help us operate or improve our business or the RokketMed Service and to provide services to us. We do not control information collected by third parties and are not responsible for their use of that information.
- INFORMATION USE.
- Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you service-related and non-service related emails, push-notifications, or other communications. For example, if the RokketMed Service is temporarily unavailable for maintenance, we may send you an email notice. We may also send you communications related to your account or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of service-related messages which are not promotional in nature. We may also send you marketing emails to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing email from us or from third parties, please [“click on the opt-out link in any non-service related email you receive or contact us directly at [email protected] requesting to opt out of marketing emails”]. If you opt out, you will still continue to receive service-related emails.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may use non-personally identifiable information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, analyzing trends, administering the RokketMed Service, tracking users’ movements, and to improve our business and the RokketMed Service. We may share aggregate information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may also combine non-personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected from other sources.
- Information Retention. We will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed. Even if you cancel your account or your account is otherwise terminated, we may, but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from you or third parties and we may continue to use and disclose your information in accordance with this Policy. We do not undertake any retention obligations through this statement.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSURE.
- Affiliated Entities and Service Providers. We may disclose your information to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents and service providers. These third parties may include customer service providers, business or sales service providers, or providers that supply support for the RokketMed Service. Use of information by affiliated entities and organizations will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy. For more information on the use of information by agents and service providers, please see the “Third Party Analytics Providers” Section above.
- User-Generated Content. If you submit User-Generated Content in connection with healthcare provider reviews or for any other purpose, we may make it publicly available through the RokketMed Service as well as directly to healthcare providers on a de-identified basis to help them improve their business and service based on customer feedback.
- Third Party Healthcare Providers and Employers. RokketMed may disclose your personally identifiable information, your PHI, and/or Aggregate Information (defined above) to third party healthcare providers or employers in order to provide services related to [scheduling an appointment online and or paying for a service in advance of an appointment].
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your information (i) as required by any applicable law or legal regulation; (ii) if we believe disclosure is needed to protect our rights, property, or safety; (iii) to government regulators or law enforcement authorities in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the RokketMed Service; and (iv) to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
E. Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or part of the RokketMed Service or our business or assets, we may disclose your information, including personal information, to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, a third party may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or other users of the RokketMed Service may abuse or misuse your personal information. No transmission of data over the internet can be 100% secure.
- INFORMATION SECURITY MEASURES. Keeping your information secure is of great concern to us and we exercise care in facilitating the transmission of information between your device or computer and [our servers/ the third-party servers that operate and store information for the RokketMed Service]. The personal information we collect is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
A. Services Not For or Directed Towards Children. Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using or registering for an account for the RokketMed Service and we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information immediately and delete it from our servers. If you believe a child under 13 is using the RokketMed Service, please notify us at: [[email protected]].
B. California Minors. We may provide you the ability to post information in the RokketMed Service. If you are a California resident who is under age 18 and a registered user of the RokketMed Service, and you are unable to remove publicly-available content that you have submitted to the RokketMed Service, you may request removal by contacting us at: [[email protected]]. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information or content you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information is located, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (1) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (2) the content or information was not posted by you, the registered user; (3) we anonymize the content or information so that you cannot be identified; (4) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (5) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information. REMOVAL OF YOUR CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM THE SITE OR APPLICATION DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF THAT CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM OUR SYSTEMS OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. We are not required to delete the content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public. Also, some content and information you post that has been copied or reposted by a third party is outside of our control and will not be removed.
9. CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, you may do so by contacting us at: [[email protected]].
10. ACCESSING, UPDATING, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If your personal information changes or if you would like to cancel your account, you may do so by contacting us at [email protected] We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical. If you terminate your account, your information will no longer be accessible through your account or associated with your account. However, activity that occurred prior to deletion may still be accessible by the public and will continue to be stored on our servers.
11. PRIVACY QUESTIONS. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or about this Policy, please contact us at: [[email protected]].